Monday, August 13, 2007

Film Designs






These are some designs I've been working on for my two film ideas, the one about the Driver and the one about a Spaceman. The first three here are for the spaceman film, reflecting spaceman designs and the damsel in distress. The last two are research drawings for the driver idea - some cab designs and learning little details about Parisian streets and the interiors of cabs and such.
I've also posted a new link under "web sites" for Inspiring Reels a site which someone has created with links to animators of all kinds and their respective blog/websites. Pretty cool resource for all animators.
Edit: a GREAT interview with the great Andrew Stanton at AICN.
I'll be posting more soon. Comments are much appreciated!
-R.

19 comments:

ohmyalikins said...

i love them BOTH! can't wait to see the finished products! :)

p.s. thanks for the link!!

Jen said...

Haha I love how all the spacemen look slightly confused... they look like they'll make great characters. Unfortunately I don't have MSN, but my aim name is auralee03... maybe I'll see you on there!

Amanda said...

Okay, I'm really actually digging the spaceman designs, more so than the taxi guy, they seem more thought through, and more fun. Definitely more fun. I await to hear about the story 8)

Anonymous said...

Deep I'm liking what you got up.

Anonymous said...

I like the space girls lots!

guno park said...

hey randeep,
nice to hear from you. your stuff are looking great man. i like the spaceman designs. can't wait to see more.

Jason Kim said...

Nice shapes here! I think maybe you could strengthen your poses by putting some faster and stronger lines into them. Great work!

Ugo Bienvenu said...

there is a lot of great things in here I really like your quick sketches. they remind me the work of james robertson...don't know if you know his work.
I saw you were in a school of animation! so we'll maybe meet someday! will you go to annecy's festival?
keep posting!

Jarrett said...

Yoooo! These are awesome, man! Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. THings have been a little busy as of late. I'll give you the full story once thing settle. Till then, keep doing awesome work. Your characters rock!

admin said...

you are so young... and so good in your work.

Ugo Bienvenu said...

in fact I'm never on msn... so you could just take my mail and mail me...
ecosofliberty@hotmail.com
see you!

Tim Bye said...

Tremendous work - I really love the spacemen!

rose-a-petits-pois said...

Good luck with your film!
Your first sketches look already very nice :-)

Unknown said...

Wonderful set of drawings, love the characters. Fun style!

vincentbd/Renton said...

Excellents designs !! Bravo :)

Mike Vatcher said...

these look great man....fantarstic!

Anonymous said...

Hello all!

Anonymous said...

DgzXKK Nice Article.

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!