Monday, September 15, 2008

Sorry...


Sorry for neglecting the blog for so long, I think this is the longest I've gone without posting since I started the thing, or maybe it was the stretch during the film. Thanks to all those who've been coming by, I really, really appreciate it. The above drawing was a quick drawing done just as I got off the subway.
Anyway, it's not like I haven't been drawing - I've been commuting downtown everyday, and as a result have been filling up a sketchbook a week, focusing on one aspect of a drawing that needs improving (read: all of them) at a time, be it faces/heads, hands, compositions, posing etc. Re-reading the Walt Stanchfield notes as well, and they're making a whole lot of new sense all of a sudden. Fantastic stuff. I've been spending the weekend getting around to scanning the sketchbooks and tying up some other loose ends, so hopefully by the end of the week I will do a large sketchdump.

Also, Ed Catmull is my hero, there's a new podcast of his that can be found here. Definitely worth a listen. Nick Sung, one of the most inspirational (to me) artists I've had the pleasure of speaking with, reminds us about the value of hard work something that's easy to forget, so a welcome reminder is always appreciated. There's been a lot going on, and once again I apologize for not being able to post more, but I'm back!! I promise! For a while, at least.
More on the way,
R.

5 comments:

Jav said...

Yeah, I totally remember.
Great sketches on ur blog! Just got a cintiq myself... its quite awesome!
Feel free to link me and I'll return the favor.
Thanks for the comments and continuing to stop by man!

Unknown said...

fun expressive drawings!

Gulzar said...

you are really inspired by walt Stanchfield....good stuff!

keep it going brother!
so you have started working in a studio? or the grad is still underway?

cheers!

Richard Gaines said...

What awesome on-spot sketches. Now I know I have to get back into this. Great expressions!

Matt Jones said...

Strong drawing-all the sketching is paying off Randeep. A sketchbook a WEEK?!!