Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Characters and a New Method





So, yesterday, I was bored, I didn't feel like doing school work so I decided to do something else involving drawing...other schoolwork. Heh...sorta. I used a character design assignment as a basis of creating four characters. The clothing I tried to keep mundane and simple as that's what the assignment was, but I added some accessories which I wasn't supposed to - I think I'll just hand this in as an extra. These were done in Photoshop with nothing but the Polygonal lasso, paintbrush and paintbucket. I find this exercise really helps as it allows you to break down a character into its simple shapes and the limit to doing point to point forces you to take chances and try new things, I highly recommend it to anyone. More to come in this fashion soon...working on some designs as we speak...screw sleep.

-R.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good stuff, Randeep! I've always liked your character designs :)

kelly erwin said...

their is a definit process/improvement on this very blog, your gonna rock out in third year!

Aiden said...

Finally, thinking outside the box!!!

viva poly lasso tool!

Unknown said...

hey randeep. supercool colors!
rock on!